Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Progress on the DIE...t Front

I weighed in on Sunday and had lost 4 pounds!!! in one week. Of course last week I'd gained 3.6 pounds, so really it had to be a lot of sodium that caused the gain/loss, so quickly. The net result was really only 4 ounces lost, in a two week period. Much more acceptable from a health standard point-of-view. But I'm just glad to be back on the right track.

Weight Watchers has been keeping me on track(ing). ;)

I ran 7.5 miles straight on Saturday, that couldn't have hurt my weight loss program. But then I had to have a little chocolate, finish off some candy canes that were still sitting around the house, and have a few Valentine candies (which are now sitting around the house-and, yes, they are already in the stores). You know growing up in a family with nine kids, I learned not to let anything go to waste.

Mom never threw anything away. Somehow she always found a way to use everything. Waste not-want not was a favorite saying of hers. So instead, of throwing it away, (it being those candy canes) or letting it go to waste. . . it still goes to waist (mine) :(

It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for me to lose weight because I love food so much.

How 'bout you? Are you having trouble with a few extra pounds put on during the holidays?

7 comments:

Lisa Nowak said...

I totally understand. I love food, too. And it is hard to let anything go to waste. That's why you take it someone else's house and share it with them. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm sure I've probably mentioned this, but I lost 70 pounds on Weight Watchers back in 2002...I worked for them for a few years. It really is the best program for weight loss. Its principles are still ingrained in me today. I'm not sure I'd do well on today's program, since I'm a processed foods junkie! I live on Sugar Free sugar wafers and Weight Watchers ice cream bars!

Des said...

Hi Kim, You're doing great. Over 17 pounds is very significant ... especially during the holidays when most everyone else gains weight.

Keep plugging along. For me, the hard part is to stop when I'm no longer hungry. Long gone are the days when I could just eat because something tasted good without thinking about if it was good for me.

I've kept the same size for 10 years after losing 40 lbs with Weight Watchers and agree it is a great life-time way of managing food. Keep it up!

Diane J. said...

I did WW a few years ago and lost 25 pounds. Due to budget cutting, I stopped going and gained 15 back. But, I'm learning as long as I keep tracking what I'm eating I do well.

I am down 4 pounds, yippee!

Keep tracking away, sounds like you're doing great.

Kelly Polark said...

I always gain five pounds in Nov and Dec. I still have it on me, I believe. I exercise enough, but I seriously have to limit my desserts. I have such a sweet tooth!
Glad you are seeing results!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Rena Jones said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Kim. That's awesome! I'm still holding at 39 pounds and hoping to hit the big 4-0 soon. If all goes well, this puts me at an average of 10 pounds lost each month for the past 4 months.

You're doing great, too!