Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Sunday, February 21, 2021
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
If you're looking for helpful hints to find a few ways to connect with a literary agent, here are a few tips: On April 17, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators from the Inland NW Region is hosting an Agent Day.
They will have three agents on faculty (see below):
1) KellyDyksterhouse (Raven Quill)
Kelly is looking for middle grade and young adult manuscripts.
She wants action-adventure with heart and universal themes such as identity, friendship, family, and an #ownvoices novel in verse or coming of age story. She enjoys magical realism, and books with a sense of wonder and magic.
She wants contemporary YA, #ownvoices that explore the struggle between personal identity, family identity and culture, a YA fantasy that feels new, has great action and a romantic thread.
2) Paige Terlip (Andrea Brown Literary Agency) is looking for all categories of children’s books from picture books to young adult, as well as select adult fiction and nonfiction. She is also looking for illustrators and author-illustrators and graphic novel illustrators.
She wants high concept novels with captivating hooks, snarky characters with hearts of gold, creative magic systems, complicated relationships, and found families. She likes well-plotted twists, being a little bit scared, and stories that explore the fluidity of gender and bring the queer experience to light.
On the adult side she's open to thrillers/psychological suspense, fantasy/sci-fi, upmarket fiction, cozy mysteries, as well as narrative nonfiction and self-help. She loves stories that make her feel a range of emotions, and a narrative that sticks with her long after she closes the book.
Query her when she opens to submissions at Query Manager: QueryManager.com/PaigeTerlip
3) LisaAmstutz – Storm Literary (Lisa is closed to submissions right now) But when she reopens, she is looking for nonfiction of all ages. She loves books with heart; science, agricultural and environmental topics; new insights on history, culture or the arts; strong characters and settings; humor; lyrical texts and multicultural themes.
But you can query her colleague Michelle Hauck with middle grade, young adult and some adult genres. She isn't accepting nonfiction, picture books of chapter books at this time.
Query Michelle here
Saturday, February 13, 2021
|Valentine's Day Cake Pops to Decorate a Cake|
|Happy Galentine's Day|
|DIY Paper Basket|
|Some Yummy Valentine's Day Cookies|
Friday, February 12, 2021
Agents Representing MG and YA Fiction:
1. Tasneem Motala of The Rights Factory is currently looking for character-driven MG and YA fiction, with or without a touch of magic, written by BIPOC authors.
Query link: https://querymanager.com/query/2005Query Submission (querymanager.com)
2. Crystal Orazu of Context Literary is looking for middle grade, young adult, and adult fiction that explores interpersonal relationships amongst traditional/chosen family members and friends using either realistic or fantastical elements (especially from a first or second-gen immigrant perspective). Fun sleight of hand/heist/spy narratives like the Gallagher Girls series and darker stories along the lines of Coraline are also very welcome.
Query: short bio, and 5-10 pages inserted into the body of the email to
3. Margaret Danko of Paper OverBoard is looking for attention-grabbing voices especially #ownvoices narratives, literary fiction with teeth, historical fiction with a dash of magical realism, fresh literary and commercial suspense, spooky contemporary and fantasy YA, quirky and heartwarming family stories, and romcoms full of charm and whimsy. She is also interested in nonfiction in the areas of lifestyle, popular science, health/wellness, true crime, politics and current affairs.
Please list that you are submitting to Margaret in your email
4. Emily Forney of Bookends Literary is looking for Picture Books, Middle Grade and Young Adult manuscripts.
See her page here: About Us - BookEnds Literary Agency
Query with your query letter, synopsis, and optional page samples to her QueryManager https://querymanager.com/emilyforney
You can also see her calls for submissions and wish list on Twitter @emilykaitlinnn
5. Analieze Cervantes of Harvey Klinger Literary Agency is looking for sci-fi with a Dystopian feel (e.g. Divergent); contemporary romance); mystery (think Riverdale); paranormal but no zombies!; crime fiction; LGBTQ (love story); and thriller/suspense (cliffhangers, want to be on the edge of my seat).
Query: by sending your query letter, synopsis and the first five pages of your manuscript to her query manager at https://querymanager.com/query/AnaliezeCervantes