READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

From Tablecloth to Christmas Outfit

I got this great deal on fabric at Joann Fabric right before Thanksgiving and I made a quick tablecloth and some napkins (see above). But then Thanksgiving was over and I wanted something new to wear to the holiday Christmas party so I went shopping but I couldn't find anything I wanted. But I was inspired...

I thought I'll take my tablecloth and turn that beautiful gold fabric into a dress but my friend said, "gold lame' should only come in small doses." So I thought, "okay, how 'bout a shirt?"

She laughed but after work I pulled out the tablecloth and laid it out on the floor. Then I put a tank top over it to use like a pattern and started cutting.

And then I started sewing.


 And about an hour after I started, Wah-Lah! I had a new Christmas shirt to wear to the party.

But I thought . . . what about an accessory? I mean, after all, I had a ton of fabric left. So, I thought maybe something to hold back this wild head of hair.

And it sure was fun making something out of a tablecloth :D


2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

You are brilliant. How I wish I lived closer and we could go to the fabric shoppe and pick out all kinds of fun crafts and fabric.

Happy Christmas.

Kimbra Kasch said...

THW: I LOVE wandering around the fabric store and feeling all the different textures...I know I live an exciting life ;D