READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 28

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR - Deuteronomy 27

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Making an Ornament Wreath

It's really simple to make a Christmas Ornament Wreath. And, if you buy the supplies now while everything is 70% to 90% off (at the crafting stores) it will be super inexpensive too.

Here's how I did it.

First I bought a foam core base - but you could use cardboard or an old wreath frame - whatever you have.

Then I laid out my supplies

Next, I dumped all my ornaments into a bowl so I could see what I was working with and grab and go easily.
Then I simply started sticking the balls into the foam.
I shoved them into the foam and then glued them in place for extra sticking power.
Sometimes I'd put one in and then not like the look and pull it out and reposition it. It's all up to you.
Then I weaved a craft feather boa in and out of the ornaments. And I had to wiggle it around to get it just how I wanted it.

But then there were still some gaping holes. So, I used some little flower package ornaments (see above) and stuck them in where there were holes.

But then I still wasn't happy - so I grabbed out some ping-pong balls and started gluing them in place.
But then I didn't like the edges, so I used some ribbon that I glued in place to cover any foam that was peeking out, but you could use any silk flowers that match the color scheme you're going for. Or, you could use some greenery from your Christmas tree branches or even your yard (yep, I've been known to do that - lots of times). I just look around the house or yard and find something that works. A pinecone is beautiful spray painted gold or silver.



Then I hung it on the door (and I tried a couple different doors to see which one looked best).

I thought the blue ornaments would look nice on the blue door. But...

I worried about the feathers getting wet outside so I tried the inside door.
And that's where it is. I put my ribbon wreath outside. I think it will hold up better outside...but we will see.

I might have to find/make another wreath...you just never know.












2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

You are super duper creative. Nicely done.

Kimbra Kasch said...

Thanks THW! It comes from years of making-do ;D