Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, November 11, 2013

DIY Wreath - Changing with the Seasons - Halloween to Christmas

It's so simple to live cheap and green. All you have to do is think "reuse", "repurpose" and "recycle". And I grew up doing that because in a house with nine kids, hand-me-downs was my way of life. New meant a new pair of shoes at the beginning of the school year--yep, one pair a year and I think I wore the same "gym" shoes for six years. I kept hoping my feet would grow so I could get a new pair. But anyway, back to this post about wreaths and refitting one thing to fit the next season.

Here's how this Christmas Wreath started out as a Halloween Wreath.

All I had to do to make the transformation was pull off the spiders and add large white pearl beads and a few rhinestones and rhinestone ribbon. It was that easy.

Oh and one floral pick with glittered apples and berries and a little holly to Christmasify the wreath.

Then I hung it back on the door and for about $2.00 I had an entirely different look to welcome visitors into my house for the holidays. See how simple it is to go from this:


to this:


So, if you've got access to a glue gun, load her up and morph that season into the next for very little cash but it will still be oh so cute.

Wishing you all, a Happy Holiday Season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE. Can you come by and do my house next?