Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Friday, August 9, 2013

Back to School Blues

I remember getting ready to go back to school. I was never blue about it though. I liked the idea of wearing a new outfit to school and seeing all the friends I hadn't seen over the summer.

Of course, I didn't really like the idea of getting up early or not getting to watch my favorite shows because I wouldn't get home until fifteen minutes after Barnabus Collins hit the big screen. Yep, my favorite show back then was . . .

DARK SHADOWS...

I know, Johnny Depp played the wonderful part of my first fanpire experience: Barnabus. But that show didn't do the old series justice.

It was a spoof instead of scary. It was campy rather than creepy, it was shallow rather than...well you get my point.

I hate to put down a movie with JD in it...but oh man they could have done Barnabus so much better.

So, what does Barnabus and Dark Shadows have to do with going back to school...

Well, really not much, except for the fact that if the writers/directors and editors had put a little more thought into the remake, it might have done much better at the box office. And parents need to put a little thought into getting their kids off to a good start if they want them to "perform" well.

You might want to start now. Having the kids go to bed fifteen minutes earlier each night. I know, it's nice to stay up into the wee hours of the night, but kids won't be able to adjust in one evening...especially when you consider the excitement, nerves and anticipation keeping them up that first week.

If you think ahead and work a plan, your kids won't have to be solving for:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: