Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday Turkey Tip

I fixed a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving, like most Americans. And, we'll probably have another turkey for Christmas dinner. So, I was thinking you might be fixing another turkey soon too. And, I have a trick I use to make an amazing glaze and it's super simple so I thought I'd share it with you.

I pour about a cup of Dr. Pepper over the bird when it's getting close to being done. The sugar crisps right up on the top of the bird and it adds a tender tastiness to the meal and even the gravy.

I forgot to take a picture of the dinner - I was too busy seeing that the family got fed to think about photo opportunities this time. But the bird was a beauty. You'll just have to believe me.

If you try this tip, let me know. I'd love to hear what you think.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Wow, my husband LOVES Dr. Pepper. Maybe I should try this!

The Happy Whisk said...

They have Dr. Pepper wings a place near me. Haven't tried them. Not a fan of getting wings out.

Happy Eating & Cooking.

Rena Jones said...

I've never tried this, but will have to keep it in mind. Not sure if we're having ham or turkey for Christmas. My husband and daughter are talking about prime rib. Sigh. To me, Thanksgiving is always turkey and Christmas is always ham. They'll argue with me and say ham is for Easter. LOL -- goons.