Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Locks of Love
This year I've lost a couple of gfriends to cancer. There's not much a person can do when the deadly disease strikes. We feel so helpless. But there's one thing we can do. We can donate: either our time, our money or . . . even our hair. So, I did.
I had ten inches, just enough, when it was stretched out. In a braid it seemed so much shorter.
Locks of Love is a wonderful way to give something back. There are a few questions you might have if you're thinking about donating your hair.
A few of the questions might be:
1) Can you donate colored hair?
Answer: Yes, it just can't be bleached.
2) Can you donate gray hair?
3) How long does the hair have to be?
Answer: 10 inches for it to be used for a wig
4) Can you donate curly hair?
Answer: Yes, it just needs to be 10 inches long when it's straightened.
5) If you don't have 10 inches to donate can shorter lengths be used?
6) Does the hair need to be in a ponytail or braid?
You can look here to get more of your questions answered.