Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mario Party - and Care Bear Stare

We had a family birthday party over the weekend to celebrate Jake's and Kara's birthday. So I made a Mario cake for Jake and a Kar(a)e Bear Stare cake for Kara.


Here's how I did it. First I cut out pieces of fondant to try to create Mario.






I need to work on the body-building to get better at this cake decorating thing. And, I did have one MAJOR cake fail along the way. My little Care Bear Imploded because I added pumpkin to the recipe. I can never leave good-enough alone. I'm always tweaking recipes--well this one didn't turn out. Major FAIL!


 So I was running out of time and had to bake another cake. I felt like I was a contestant on Chopped. Under the gun and time running out. I whipped up another bear in a hurry.

 Then my frosting, which was a cream cheese frosting, was a little runny - but no time to fix it. People were showing up. . .

 I put all three cakes out - so people could see things don't always turn out :( oh well...

 Jake's favorite cake was the flop.
So it was a happy day for Kara, Jake and Trevon!

2 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

What a great mom!! They look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Nice Mario!