Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review Monday


Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

My daughter got me this book for Mother's Day. I told her it really sounded interesting because it's about a girl on a journey to heaven or hell...or Elsewhere.

She said, "I thought you'd like it." And, I did--overall.

This is a story about a 15 (almost 16) year-old girl who gets hit by a taxi and wakes up dead. She's on a cruise ship taking a journey to . . . somewhere. That's part of the mystery...where will she end up?

It's a fun, entertaining story with a twist that's similar to Benjamin Button.

I really enjoyed Liz's adventure until I got to page 224. That's when Liz took a turn on her journey that was hard for me to follow. It went a little too fantasy for me.

I know, I know, a girl wakes up dead and that's no problem for me but mix in a little fantasy and you lose me. But she didn't lose me entirely; I kept reading.

So, like I said, overall I really enjoyed the story--all 276 pages. Plus at the end there's a section called "Gofish" which includes questions and answers from the author. I really enjoyed that section.

1 comment:

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks for the book rec. And you totally just made me lol at your comment on my blog!