Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo - One Day In

So what is NaNoWriMo? It's National Novel Writing Month. This event/activity/group brings together writers from all over the world with a common goal: to sit down and write a book in one month.

The writers plan to write a 50,000 word book from start to finish in one month's time. Beginning on November 1st and ending on the last day of the month, writers everywhere will have written novels.

It's a fantastic goal that moves at a feverish pace. So check out the pages of Nanowrimo.org and see what it's all about. Maybe you can finish a book this month too. Just get writing.

5 comments:

David Batista said...

Even though I started my own novel on Oct 31st and could have easily joined this, I decided not to after reading the terms of the website. I don't know, it just seems too mechanical and not for me. I'd rather not worry about word counts and just enjoy writing.

And besides, I think my novel is going to be in the 100,000 word range.

But I wish you all the luck on you own efforts, Kim!

Anonymous said...

It's a dream of mine to participate in this some year!

Rena Jones said...

I decided to skip it again this year. I did it in 2008 and had fun. However, I just wrote a 50,000 word novel in about a month's time, so I'm busy revising and getting it ready to go out.

Good luck to everyone!

Kimbra Kasch said...

I didn't register (officially) but I'm doing my best to keep with the plan. I wrote 750 words last night - a little shy of my goal but I'm an editholic - it's so hard to just move on but I'm trying.

I'll start a sidebar on my blog to keep track of my progress. Wish me luck. Maybe next year I'll have the guts to register (officially). I think it's that fear of failure :( that's holding me back.

Christina Farley said...

Will you be doing it this year? I'm always soooo busy this time of the year but I am going to do another major revision.