Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Friday, July 31, 2009

Earth-Friendly Friday


TWO-USE COFFEE


You can use a teabag more than one time, well you can do the same thing with coffee grounds-but, if you're like me, you'll have to add some fresh grounds on top - I like my coffee strong-especially in the wee-hours of the morning.

Tip for Being Earth-Friendly: Instead of making one pot of coffee and then throwing out the grounds, just add a second (fresh) scoop of coffee grounds on top of the used grounds and make another pot. That way you'll save coffee filters, coffee, and money.

Then, to be even friendlier to the earth, take the used grounds and put them-right with the filter-out in the compost pile to go into the garden. You'll be replenishing the soil and adding mulch at the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done this before, but it never tastes quite right to me. I DO compost it, however. Do I get partial credit?

Kimbra Kasch said...

Partial credit - earned.

Mom used to do this all the time - I'm used to it. Plus people do it with tea all the time ;)

Life As I Know It said...

good tips - I compost my coffee grounds everyday! also egg shells are great in the garden.

MG Higgins said...

Great ideas, Kim. I'm going to try brewing fresh grounds on the old and see how it tastes. I'll give it a go!