READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 28

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR - Deuteronomy 27

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Commitment to the Craft - Part 4

Gloria Steinem had the foresight to say, “I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.”

But, I say, “Marriage and a career – that’s nothing, try adding kids into the equation.”

And any mother, who works and writes, has to be pretty amazing.

Pru, Piper, and Phoebe can’t even compete with most modern-day Moms.

And, unfortunately, Dads are rarely divine. So what’s a writing woman to do, to find the time to devote to her craft?

Here is my number one hint:

1) Get a laptop computer.

I have written more words with my laptop in one year than I ever wrote with a desktop computer. It’s simple. I take it with me - everywhere: outside, on vacations, out to the front room so I can go “watch” t.v. with the family, while I write.

This one device has made ALL the difference for me. You can look at a few options that start out at about $499.00 here.

2 comments:

liraelwiddershins said...

Tell me about it! Our little peanut is 5 1/2 months old now and it is hard hard hard to get any writing done on bad teething days. And he's not even walking yet!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Thanks for stopping by and it's my jacketflap where I have my bookshelf full of Blue Bloods, Twilight, etc.