Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Running for Our Lives


My sis and I have been Moms for the past two decades...or to be honest...a little more. And along the way we put on a little weight baking, cooking and (of course) eating. But one of my favorite mottos is "It's never to late to be what you might have been." So, my sis and I have taken up running. It's free, you can do it as a team or all alone, and there's never any equipment that puts the sport out of reach. In fact Sunday I saw someone running in the Shamrock run barefooted. Seriously! And, it was snowing up by the Chart House when my sis and I finally crested the course. No kidding.

Our time wasn't the best. But, we finished and we ran all the way...no walking. And, it was a lot of fun. I bumped into friends I hadn't seen in a long time. And, what are the odds of that? In a crowd of 30,000 people...

I learned a couple things too. Don't go out for a run two days before a big race wearing new shoes and sprint like you're running for your life...especially if you're not used to it. I actually hurt my foot. My right foot was bruised and sore and I was worried about a small stress fracture. Of course it was just crazy me...stressing out needlessly - no fracture. So, my sis and I took it super-dee-duper easy and jogged at our slowest pace but we finished the course and that was all we were hoping for ... given my crazy antics. I didn't want to get seriously injured and not be able to run in the Pacific Crest marathon in June. I've already signed up and I don't want an excuse not to make it.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun - what a way to spend a day - with friends in the snow running like crazy. And I'm just going to think of it as a training run not a race.

1 comment:

Jen on the Edge said...

It doesn't matter what your time was. You ran and that's what's important. Great job!