Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WORD for Wednesday

Word for Wednesday: NONPLUSSED

It seems like such a simple word,
one that we have doubtless heard.
But, can you bring its meaning to mind?
Do you know..., is it to be rude or kind?

The diction is easy to assume,
but pondering can cause utter gloom,
for those of us who like to think
we wield words, and we shouldn't have to check a link
for a simple term we find in cyber space.
So take a guess - come on - be brave. Join this race...

(I'll post the answer later today along with another FUN post "What Happened the Year You Were Born". Let's celebrate the New Year - check back around 3:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time PST)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it means to ignore bad things and keep on being kind--like choosing oblivion in the face of rude behavior. Oh I hope I'm right!

Kelly Polark said...

I don't know! I've heard the word, but am certain have never used it in conversation. After I find out, I will be sure to use it this week!

Marcia said...

Nonplused means extremely confused. This is the question you asked, right? Or am I extremely confused? :)

cindy said...

great word, tho i've never used it. doesn't it sort of mean, not bothered? or feigning disinterest?

Marcia said...

Oh, now I see you already posted the answer. Sorry! I AM extremely confused . . .

Kimbra Kasch said...

GG and Cindy: Way-to-Go, with your guesses. You're gutsy - that's what I love about you :)

Kelly: I love learning new words - heck, I just love learning.

Marcia: I'm always nonplussed ;-)