READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 28

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR - Deuteronomy 27

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Word for Wednesday

Word for Wednesday
I was reading Scientific American the other day - yeah, I know, it sounds so surprising but I read that magazine. It makes science easy and that's the way I like it.

Anyway, like I said, I was reading and came across a word I was accustomed to but not familiar with. I've heard it all my life - but usually in another form. With this abbreviated version of what I was used to, I had to look up the meaning.

So, now it's time to show how smart you are - or aren't ;)

Guess what the word means in the comments section. No googling - that's cheating.

Word for Wednesday: Agonist

Do you know?

Now, after you've put your guess in the comments section - if you want to play, scroll down to find the answer...




Further.....





Further.....




Agonist:

1) A person engaged in a contest, conflict, struggle, etc., especially the protagonist in a literary work.
2. A person who is torn by inner conflict.
3. Physiology . a contracting muscle whose action is opposed by another muscle. Compare antagonist ( def. 3 ) .
4. Pharmacology . a chemical substance capable of activating a receptor to induce a full or partial pharmacological response. Compare antagonist.

ANTAGONIST is a blocking substance - sort of like in a book. The antagonist creates the conflict by blocking the action or reaction.

So, did you learn something? Or were you a brainiac and already knew all of this? :)

No comments: