Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Zombieland

Okay, I have to admit, I like scary movies: vampires, werewolves, zombies they don't bother me. So, when the kids wanted to go see Zombieland, I was all for it.

It was a little gorey in the beginning - and that wasn't needed. But the movie had its hysterical moments. Like the clown crawling underneath the stall - I laughed at that frightening moment. And when we were all encouraged to get some cardio exercise - a teachable moment. But the funniest thing was when Bill Murray got mistaken for a zombie and shot--all because he was playing a practical joke. That's something I might have done--not the shooting--the stupid practical joke.

Anyway, the show was good - if you could get past the gore, which was done in excess. I never like gore - but I liked Zombieland.

Next will be Paranormal Activity and then Legion. I have a thing for scary movies - which is funny since I write stories for kids and am such an all-time soccer mom. ;)

3 comments:

MG Higgins said...

Ooh, I do not like scary movies. Or gore. Besides yours, I've read one other positive review for Zombieland, but I still don't think I'll be seeing it. Even on DVD. *Shiver*

Bish Denham said...

I don't care for scary movies either. I guess it goes back to seeing The Incredible Shrinking Man when I was about 8 and having nightmares about a little man in a dollhouse being attacked by a giant spider (I was terrified of spiders when I was young) and thinking any time I might go through fog I'd start to shrink.

Nope...not to keen on scary movies.

Martha Flynn said...

I am soooo excited for Legion. I LOVE Paul Bettany. :) I liked Zombieland a lot and yes, Bill Murray *killed* it.