Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Heft by Liz Moore

I just finished HEFT. It was a book about a man who weighed between 500-600 pounds. It was a sad story on lots of levels.

In the end I liked the story. HEFT was a symbolic title in many aspects and much more than just Arthur's weight. I think the HEFT could have represented the weight of Arthur's and Charlene's emotions and how much Arthur had to change to alter the way his life was going...or not going.

This was a story of missed-opportunities and how miserable life can turn out when you're not willing to take a risk or engage in relationships.

All in all, I think it is worth reading. It's a little slow but the story builds...

If you've read it, let me know what you thought.


1 comment:

C.R. Evers said...

Thanks for the heads up. I may need to read this one!