IF YOU WON’T PROMOTE YOURSELF
WHO WILL?. . .
You can start small, with a few simple steps.
The Butterfly Effect describes how one small action can ripple out and create an enormous reaction later.
Here are a few suggestions:
1) Send out a few email blurbs to your family and friends;
2) Simply ask those people to share your website/blogsite with one or two other people. This will start to grow your reading community. Remember, though, patience is a virtue.
3) Email listservs (e.g. SCBWI) and tell them about your blog/website and ask them to check it out.
4) Give your posts strong names (See Marketing Mentor Greg Pincus in the vlog for more on this).
5) Get involved – be part of the conversation.
According to Greg Pincus, “It is very hard to get attention whether you’re selling something or giving it away. But it’s definitely harder to get attention if you’re not out there in the first place.”
Rain: Sam Usher
12 hours ago