Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book club for January - Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

He might have been a great author and an American legend but to me...he was not my favorite. In fact, I don't think I would be compelled to read another page by him.

His pages were too...descriptive. I know that sounds silly. But all things in moderation...right?

I like to get a setting, an image and then let my own imagination run wild. F. Scott was simply setting sail, he went overboard and took me with him.

I felt like I was drowning in all those words.

Maybe he was just meant for a different time...at least he was meant for a different reader...than me.

If he's your favorite...sorry. Not so much for me.

I think I'll stick with the King...Stephen :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really?
Oh, I adore him.
But kudos to you for reading outside your wheelhouse.