Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Suffering Succotash



Succotash is usually a corn and lima bean mixture and everyone probably has their own recipe for Succotash but mine starts with produce from my garden. I have a little urban garden where I grow flowers and vegetables organically. So, when I'm feeling like a little succotash I go outside and pick a zucchini or two and some tomatoes.

Then I chop them up and put them in my cast iron skillet with some olive oil and minced garlic. I add a couple tablespoons of butter to the mix and slowly heat them until the zucchini looks semi-translucent.

It is so EZ and even more yummy.

1 comment:

Rena Jones said...

Mmm ... I love stuff like this. Yours looks really good, Kim!