READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 28

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR - Deuteronomy 27

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1st - WHOO-HOO

Back-to-school is just around the corner: the official end of summer and with it is The Bike Commute Challenge here in Portland, Oregon. It's a friendly competition to see who can get the most people riding their bikes (or doing a "bike commute") to work during the month of September.

A "bike commute" can be:

* Riding both ways to work by bicycle
* Riding one way to work by bicycle (and the other way by any other mode)
* Riding part way to work by pairing biking with transit, driving or any other mode

I plan to be riding my bike to and from work and I'm hoping others will join me.

3 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Good for you! I don't even own a bike. I should think about purchasing one.

Jen on the Edge said...

Yay! I love it when people bike. My husband rides his 9 miles 'round trip to work every day. I use mine for errands and just zipping around.

Kimbra Kasch said...

I'm usually a fair-weather rider - this one is a hard one for me in P.O. the land of the liquid sunshine