Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, January 18, 2010

Movie Review

Both my sons love animation. My oldest 'tooned all of the ECOwomen on my sidebar plus, some of you know, Jake has a degree in multi-media design from the University of Oregon. So we go see "cartoons" regularly - as a family.

Over the Christmas holiday we went to see The Princess and the Frog and then tonight we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was a fun family show that had some good messages inside the show.

The Princess and the Frog was really cute. It reminded me of an old fashioned Disney story. And, we all enjoyed it. Some people say it is as good as Lion King - I'm not sure about that. Animal stories and babies are hard to compete with.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was a fun show to watch as a family and it was on dvd - so that was the right price.

Have you seen any good movies lately? Share your recommendations in the "comments" so I can pick another show for us all to see.

9 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Just watched Julie and Julia with Meryl Streep (on DVD - LOVE Netflix!)and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I read what it was about to hubby he said, "Just what makes you think I'd be interested in watching that movie?" I said, "It's about food."

He enjoyed it as much as I did.

Kimberly Franklin said...

I agree with Bish...Julie and Julia was GREAT!

Thanks for the reviews. : )

Kelly Polark said...

I've been meaning to rent Cloudy with a Chance for my kid...maybe today! They are off school for MLK day. I hardly go to movies or even rent them (except kid movies!) so one of the only movies I've seen recently was The Hangover on DVD (I enjoyed it).

Anonymous said...

Over break we watched Up (awesome), G Force (rent it, don't buy it), Inglorious basterds (brilliant, but if you don't love movies you might not like it), The Hangover (about peed ourselves laughing)/

Kristi said...

We too watch a lot of kid movies around our house so thanks for the reviews!

We recently watched the cartoon "Robots" and thought it was pretty cute. My son's favorite is still "Kung Fu Panda" (hilarious although round about the 20th viewing it tends to get old) and "Shrek".

Rena Jones said...

Oh, I'm hopeless, so you don't want to ask me. The last movie I watched was Casablanca -- on DVD, of course. Oh wait a minute! I did watch Ghostbusters 2 the other night.

See what I mean? Sad.

teacherninja said...

My daughter (6) loved Princess/Frog. I have Meatballs on our Netflix list. Last movie she went gaga over was Ponyo. Amazing, dreamlike, movie. Kind of a trippy Japanese version of Little Mermaid.

Anonymous said...

the princess and the frog (la princess et la grenouille here) doesnt come out until the end of this month lol. i have a picture of a poster for it that i took at the disney store on the champs elysees on facebook i think

Sarah N. said...

My 6yo daughter and I went to the The Princess of the Frog a few weeks ago and we both loved it. We saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at the second run theater/pizza place in town during the holiday break. I thought it had a great message and both my girls enjoyed it.