I found this challenge on Cindy's blog.
Seven facts about me that some people don’t know:
1) I was a professional tennis player in college (NO-No, not like Billie Jean King or Chris Everett – wait!! that tells you how old I am – not like Serena or Venus Williams, I got paid to teach tennis at Tennis Village in Mt. Bachelor Village.)
2) I went cliff jumping a couple years ago when we went white water rafting – call me crazy – looking back I agree.
3) I’m tone deaf – oh wait, a lot of people already know that – at least anyone who’s heard me sing.
4) My sister and I have rhyming names: Kimbra Fay and Tambra Kay – Mom had nine kids and must have been running out of names.
5) My grandfather (Dad’s Dad) was an Indian, okay “Native American” for all you politically correct people. He was born on the Indian Reservation in Pawnee, Oklahoma. So, that makes me part Indian too. You can’t tell from looking at me – but you can see it in my brothers and sisters. I took after Mom’s Irish/English side of the family.
6) My grandfather (Mom’s Dad) was the Vice-President of Union Oil when he died. So Mom came from a wealthy family but like I said (see 5 above) she married an Indian and that was not something to be proud of back then.
7) I grew up VERY poor. See 5 and 6 above. But Mom was the kindest person I’ve ever met. She put absolutely no value on material possessions.
8) WAIT, that’s more than 7. But, I could go on all night talking about my Mom – she passed away in April of this year – (sigh) I soooo miss her.
Okay, and I tag Adrienne, Rena, Kelly, and Ello.
None for Me, Thanks - Fun Fact #2441
19 hours ago