Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, August 31, 2015

Using the "F" Word



The truth is, at least here on my blog, that the "F" word is not a four-letter obscenity. Here, it's a three-letter word that's way more hurtful than it's foul-cousin. I've heard that some people think this new terminology we've been using, such as terms like "full-figured" and/or "curvy" is simply a new way to disguise an old word or a beautification of the ugly truth. Full-figured simply means FAT. Yep. people think those new-fangeled words are simply linguistic manipulations to excuse being F.A.T. at least in our minds. But I don't like using the "F" word, not ever. It's just so negative. And I'm glad to hear that celebrities are standing up to say the same thing only more artistically.

And, body shamers will find a tough match if they come up against Serena Williams. I find her so inspirational for so many women and I think you will too, if you check out this huffington post  story and see what a true role model should look (and act) like. Plus, if you take the time to listen to Serena give her interview, I'm sure this will end up being a Love-love situation.

Being a former tennis instructor myself, I have admired Serena for years but that was only for her skills, talents and abilities on the court. But today, I can say I admire her far more off the court.

Serena Williams - Star on the Court and Off






2 comments:

David Batista said...

I would never consider Serena fat. She's very athletic, which is great! Like you, Kim, I'm also a big fan and very interested in seeing her play at the U.S. Open. I'm even trying to get tickets to attend sometime this week, since it's only a quick subway ride from where I live. :)

Kimbra Kasch said...

I would never consider her "the f-word" either ;D But, if you listened to her interview you'd see she has a positive attitude when people are hateful.

And you are soooooo lucky. Let me know if you get to go, I'll try to live vicariously through you.