Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day Dinner

We celebrated Mother's Day by hanging the Danish Flag out on the house in honor of my hubby's mother and her homeland.

And then we made a traditional Danish dinner of smorrebord or open faced sandwiches

There are certain traditional foods that go together like liver pate and pickled beets. And the Danes like to keep their traditions in place.

And then we all gathered around the two tables and ate our fill.

The next day my daughter brought me my presents.

Which included a hummingbird feeder, hummingbird food, a couple of monsters ;D and a pink piggie cup. I don't know what that says about me...but that's what my gifts were, along with lunch :D

It was a wonderful way to spend a weekend.


1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

I am Hungarian and I keep close to my cookery roots as well.

Cheers and boogie boogie.