Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ALS "Lou Gehrig's Disease"


This weekend in Portland, Oregon there was a walk to help raise awareness for the disease and my husband and I participated.

It was a dreary day in Portland, Oregon. Dark gray clouds rolled in early in the morning and then, without much warning, they burst open. Like an angry child throwing a fit, the clouds dumped their anger out on us, in one huge down pour. We were caught - without umbrellas or hats or even rain jackets. . . but then it was over. The sun peeked out and warmed us. We dried out.

It was just too bad the rain couldn't wait until after our walk for ALS. But that didn't put too much of a damper on the occasion. Portlanders are people who can deal with a little--or even a lot--of rain.

They came out dressed as the Flintstones, trees and even octopus creatures.

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS, is a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement. It's also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed with ALS and every ninety minutes someone dies from ALS.

So, helping raise a little money for research was a nice way to spend a rainy day.

3 comments:

Akbar Amir said...

I have been following this blog for a while now and i decided to share my story on how i survived and got a cure from ALS which would have maybe by now killed me. I was diagnosed with ALS in 2013 and it came with symptoms like overall weakness and i could not swallow and i ended up in a wheelchair though my doctor tried to put me on occupational therapy and physiotherapy but none seemed to give a relief as my condition grew worse in 6 months. I was lucky to have contacted Dr. Joseph and used his herbal medicine that treated me and gave me life, just 3 months of using the medicine which spans for 6 months positive improvements were visible, like my speech, all movements. A few years have gone by and i am still very much alive and healthy. Do not give up, you too can get a cure you can contact him directly on the contact below (josephalberteo @ gmail. com) for advise and effective solution. I pray you get cured soon.

Pathy Ephele said...

My mother was diagnosed with ALS in May 2014. Her doctor put her on riluzole, letting her know there was no cure but the medication might provide her a few more months of delayed symptoms. ALS progresses at different rates and affects different body parts first. My mother, being 73 at the time, fell into a category of what they call "fast progression" (older female). Her arms weakened first, then her hands, her mouth, and throat, and finally her lungs. Throughout her two-and-a-half-year ordeal, she was able to walk with assistance nothing was really working to help her condition.I took her off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started her on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, her symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the ALS disease natural herbal formula. She's now almost 76 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!! Visit there website www. healthherbalclinic. net

JOHNSON KATE said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from ALS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband was diagnosed of ALS in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have trouble swallowing , and he always complain of Weakness of the body . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to ALS. I never imagined ALS has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. ALS has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.