Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Bed


Garden Bed :)

I told my husband I wanted an herb garden so he went outside and threw some scraps of wood together and built me two new raised beds out in the front yard. I added some plants (lavender, basil, thyme, dill, fennel, parsley) and now we're going to divide the beds into sections so the plants can't spread too far and take over the little bed.


These are a few photos of the process that's just begun.



How 'bout you - any new additions

4 comments:

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

What a great start! We did the same thing except we stacked ours on top of each other, grew things in the corners, and raspberries in the middle. I love it! Can't wait to see how your garden grows ;-)

Adrienne said...

Ooh, I love it! I just started a little herb garden, too. I don't have quite as much space, but I can fit a few...
And how sweet is your husband!

Martha Flynn said...

I actually just moved my herbs inside so I could double the height of our outside bed and save it for carrots and potatoes!

Rena Jones said...

Those are great! We've tried growing some peppers and tomatoes this year, but in barrels on the deck. So far, none of the critters have tried to get them, other than the squirrel burying sunflower seeds. Now we have another barrel just with sunflower plants. Crazy squirrels!