Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Fetch - a book review

The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb

A Supernatural Romance

This was a fun read, kinda like watching a Disney version of Anastasia - only for the older crowd.

I love stories about the Romonov family and Anastasia.

What ever happened to her?. . .

This is one book that gives us an idea - fantastical to say the least and entertaining along the way.

The only thing was . . . I wasn't happy with the ending.

Of course my son always says I want a Hollywood ending and, maybe I do.

This was no Disney or Hollywood ending so I don't know if I would recommend it because I like to walk away from a book feeling emotionally recharged - even if that book is a novel by Stephen King, which-by the way-I love. They always end with some sort of hope. . . and that's all I'm asking for.

A little hope at the end of the day.

So has anyone else read this book? What do you have to say? Am I all wet or do you agree with me? Please post your thoughts in "comments" and thanks for your side of the story.

2 comments:

MG Higgins said...

I haven't read this book but it sounds interesting. I wish I could share my thoughts about the ending with you!

Christina Farley said...

I haven't read it but I want to now! I loved the story of Anastasia. Very cool.