Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Friday, August 22, 2008

Freaky Frogs - There are a lot of Strange Things

There are a lot of strange things in the world but one of them shouldn't be the frogs. I grew up camping. In a family with nine kids, that's the way we spent our vacations. Of course looking back, now, I realize it might have been relaxing for Dad but Mom was working her tail-end off. Just think of packing for eleven people. And campsites weren't well-equipped back when I was growing up. We even had to haul in our own water.

But back to my point. We used to spend hours catching frogs. It was our own catch and release program - before I'd ever heard of such a thing. But I never found one freaky frog. According to National Geographic Freaky Frogs are the norm.

It sounds like a scary movie to me: Freaky Frogs.

You can read all about it here.

2 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

ohhh! This is right up my alley. All my life I have this weird thing with frogs where they hop up to me in the most unusual places... movie theaters, in the middle of a wisconsin winter etc. So, I'm all for freaky frog stories! :0) Whenever I see a frog my husband says "look, there's one of your worshipers." ;-P

Christy

Catherine West said...

Hi, Kim,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad you enjoyed the post - yes, I can tell you it was an incredible journey but God was right in the middle of it!
I've been able to take some of those experiences and work it into fiction, hopefully the book will sell becauase I think it shows God's glory in the midst of heartache - and He always comes through when we least expect the miracle!!