- excerpt –
She slammed her hand on the table. Her beer wobbled. She caught it. "You are not seducing me back into this life."
He shifted away from her, his arms crossed. His expression didn't change. He hadn't even flinched at her outburst. Not even at her use of the word seduce, which she knew any shrink would have a field day with.
Had he predicted what she would do?
When they had worked together, he'd known before she did that she had to pee. She'd never met anyone so in tune with her. Maybe she never wanted to have anyone know her that way again.
"I'm different now. I have this great life." Her finger stabbed the air, punctuated every word. "You cannot take that away from me."
"I'm not taking away anything. I'm giving you something. I'm giving you back the ability to make a difference."
She stalked away from him. "You think I don't make a difference? What about the family whose house didn't burn down because I was here?"
"You can prevent many more houses from not burning down with us."
She shook her head. "It isn't the same."
He would not pull her strings. He would appeal to her sense of honor and her strong desire to help people. He knew all the cards she held and how to play them to his advantage.
"No, it's better," he said.
- Purchase links not more than 5
- author short bio - 100 words or less.
Chris Redding lives in New Jersey with her husband, two kids, one dog and one show rabbit. She graduated from Penn State with a degree in Journalism and is still a diehard Nittany Lions fan. Her books are filled with romance, suspense and thrills.
Links to ChrisL
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/101743269602364199911/posts
- answer to character's questions (these can either be for a main character or the author)
(Author) Use what you like.
1. Nickname: I’ve been called CPR lady because I helped run a training center for 7 years.
2. Job: ghostwriter, but I also teach CPR.
3. Level of schooling, or self-taught: BA in Journalism with a minor in English from The Pennsylvania State University
5. Birthplace Pennsylvania
6. Currently residing in...
7. Favorite type of pet One without hair, but DH doesn’t like reptiles so we have a dog.
8. Favorite place to visit The beach
9. Significant other
10. Most important goal
11. Worst fear or nightmare
12. Favorite food Pizza, I could eat it almost every day.
13. Wealthy, poor, or somewhere in between?
14. Secret desire or fantasy
15. What would you do if you won the lottery? Fund scholarships.