Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Monday, September 3, 2012

Rosie the Riveter

Rosie symbolizes everything about tough working class people--especially women. She was a symbol of the Union and collective bargaining. What better way to celebrate Labor Day than with an ode to Rosie...?


I've always loved these posters--the symbolism--the tough woman characterized in a picture. My Dad was a "Union Man" and taught me to value the "teamwork" and attitude of collective bargaining.

Today, we celebrate the working men and women who have built this beautiful country. So, remember that when you are enjoying your bbq with your family and friends. I know I will :D

HAPPY LABOR DAY - and aren't we glad we have it off? I am.

2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

My job is open today but I requested off and was happy to have the day free.

Hope yours was just as fun.

Anonymous said...

The original poster was actually pretty anti-union, given that it was put up by Westinghouse in order to encourage more production and less worker discontent during wartime. Since the war it has obviously come to be adopted by other voices. :-)